Monday, July 8, 2013

What a day!!

My first groom this morning didn't show up-not surprising really-it was a new client. I never know if they will actually make it or not. No one on my cancellation list could come in on such short notice-so that was money lost out of my day.

 My next two dogs did get here on time. That was a plus. I brought them right on into my house, where the little female of the two(they were both Lhasas)pooped right on my floor. Another plus to my day-occupational delight of sorts...well maybe not.

So I stopped and got to clean that little treasure up before going to work. I then got them clipped in their summer cuts-leaving their heads and beards longer, but taking off their ears. It was a regular rodeo trying to get the little female(Paris was her name)to hold still. She hates her head touched, so scissoring,brushing,and clipping is a challenge. I managed to finally get them finished on time for them to be picked up promptly at 4 pm. Their owner arrived and was very excited to see them all cleaned up. They looked pretty darn cute once I got all of their matted hair off-so I was pretty proud of my work at the end of the ordeal.

It's been a tiring day-I didn't groom as many dogs as usual, but still feel beat anyway. Wrestling dogs and tending to owners, certainly  can take the zest out of a person at times.

Here is Coco-the little male Lhasa I finished.He's a sweet guy and very easy to work on. I just love his expression! He looks like a little doll in his new summer cut! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment